Followers

We're on Facebook too!!

Click here to go to our Facebook page

Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Month Of Posts ... Get Well Soon

Don't worry, despite posting about my heading yesterday, I'm actually very well! I've still got the headache but am not letting it beat me. I've had far too much to do today ... well after I'd done a bit of shopping and had time for a coffee and a catch up with Mum and Lady that is!! Even when we're shopping we're crafting, because today whilst we were out and about we found something that's definitely been added to the christmas gifts range this year ... but that's something I'll show you another day!! 

Anyway, this post is about a gift we were asked to make a while back. It was for someone who was going into hospital to have a hip operation so to cheer her up, her friend wanted to give her something special. After being told a few specific things that needed to be added to the hamper and the price the person wanted to spend, Mum and I trawled the shops to come up with this .... 


Personally I think it's actually one of the prettiest hampers we've made so far ... not that we thought that when we started putting it all together. I don't know what it is about putting the hampers together, they always start out as a pile of random things looking quite a mess! Thankfully somewhere along the line it all starts to pull together and by the time they're finished we almost don't want to give them away! This hamper just wasn't looking right at all until I had a sudden brainwave to add some plasters with a few messages on ... then hey presto it looked just right for a get well soon gift!! 

With this hamper we were also asked to make a card to match, for which I decided to carry over the plaster theme. Without it being too obvious, you can see the card has a few "stiched up patches" on it along with the tatty offering a get well soon plaster to help!! Ooo and of course it's the same colours as the hamper. The idea is that when the hamper is all gone and demolished, the person can look at the card and be reminded of the gift they also received to go with it ... hopefully it works. 


I guess the main problem we're finding when making these gifts is that you never really get to see the person's face as they receive them, so you don't get to know if they "loved it" or not! Then again I'm not sure I'd want to know if someone didn't like it ... think I'd be heartbroken!! 

Ok that's it from me today, I'm off to put the kettle on and put my feet up ... I think the shopping has worn me out!! 

Little x

No comments:

Post a Comment